Monday, October 1, 2012

Let's Begin

On the outside, I'm me. 
Brie.
I'm what everyone around me sees.
But, it's what they don't see that I actually am.

I am insecure.
Very.

I cry over insignificant things.
Often.

I wish I was different.
Alot.

But,
at the same time.

I'm strong.
I can take criticism.
I am grateful for what I have.

There are things I want to change about myself. 
But, I love the way I am as well.
So, to start.

I wish I was more outgoing. 
And that is what I will do.
I know this also encompasses forgetting about what others think of me.
So, I will.
Let's see how this goes.


 

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you posted your poem. I am glad you have goals in your life. That is so important. But, just remember you don't have to outgoing unless that is really who you want to be. I was worried in high school because I was quiet and people would tell me to interact more, but I learned that because I wasn't so outgoing I was a better friend, a better listener, and a better me. I then learned that because I could just be myself it helped me be more in tune with the spirit of God. I am now secure about who I am. I only care what my Heavenly Father thinks. And you know what? That is all that really matters. You are an amazing girl! I am so blessed to have you as a cousin. Remember to worry more about what God wants of you and then you will be what is most important! I am so glad you love who you are, because I sure love who you are, too!

    ReplyDelete

Word to your mother.