Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring Breakers

Today during General Conference, I had a very profound experience.

My family and I were en route to downtown Provo to enjoy some delicious papusas.
We felt bad about missing General Conference, and since the Utah news stations are doll's and provide us with coverage of each and every session, we had it playing in the car.
It was the opening prayer of the afternoon session on Saturday.
 The man saying the prayer started with the classics and then,
he asked for a blessing on the missionaries.
He said something along he lines of, "Please bless that our desire to serve thee will grow and we will want to join the new wave of missionaries who are preaching the gospel throughout the world that thy kingdom will roll forth and cover the Earth as never before."
As soon as he said those words, I felt the spirit so strong.
Tears immediately formed in my eyes.
And I knew at that moment, that a missionary is what I want to be.
I want to share with others the joy, the relief and the happiness I feel from the gospel.
It truly is the whole reason I am who I am.
I know that without it, I would not be the person I should be, and I wouldn't be on the path I am on.
I want others to be able to feel of it's light and warmth.
So, I know that I am going to serve a mission.
Whether it is when I'm 19, or when I'm 70, or even just in my everyday life.

I am so grateful for General Conference. For the talks that were prepared through the inspiration of the spirit, and for the guidance I have available to me through it.
 It really is such a huge blessing in my life.

Sorry this was a little sappy everyone.
But, I had to share... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word to your mother.